Monday, March 5, 2012

NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer

Yes, I love tinted moisturizer. The first one I used was twelve years ago and it was from Stila. It was adequate but when the brand took a different turn I lost complete interest. Then came the infamous Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer/Face Primer combo. It was love! But I think the love was more for the face primer. The tinted moisturizer was fine - had built in SPF 20 and didn't make me break out but the color was somewhat off and it made my forehead ashy. I would apply this everywhere except my forehead. I would just slather on extra SPF and applied bronzer at my hairline.

It wasn't really a loss since I found my recent favorite foundation, Chanel Perfection Lumiere. But on days (weekend) that I want less coverage even that lightweight foundation feels a bit much. I am so thankful I was given a sample of the latest NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer.

Image provide by www.nordstrom.com
I love this stuff. I was sad that my sample was gone in a week. Why do I love it? Well it has a built in SPF 30/PA +++ and still provides enough coverage without making my face feel cakey. It absorbs quickly and my skin feel comfortable. This moisturizer also claims to help reduce the appearance of discoloration and dark spots in just four weeks. I guess, time will tell as I'm only on week two and I haven't noticed anything different about my complexion just yet.

Kopara from French Polynesia (flat, gelatinous sediment found on the bottom of shallow lakes located on the  rims of the French Polynesian atolls) hydrates and improves skin's texture while mineral rich sea water revives and smoothes the complexion promoting a natural, brighter tone of the skin. This is also synthetic fragrance free but I keep thinking I smell a very light skincare type of scent. It does fade pretty quickly.

Honestly, I just love the color. Here's a color comparison:

Left - NARS Annapurna
Right - LM Caramel

Annapurna is medium with a peachy tone while Caramel is a light tan and best suitable for olive complexions. I do not have an olive complexion but for some reason I always thought I did. The peach undertone is suitable for my yellow undertones. Plus, my oil-free LM tinted moisturizer only contained SPF 20.

Even though this is a multi-tasking tinted moisturizer, it is recommended to use a primer beforehand to make sure this formula lasts the entire day. There are nine shades in this collection and I'm still shocked that I found a suitable color. Some brands offer more color options and I still had a hard time finding a perfect skin match.

So like I said time will tell if this moisturizer lives up to the claim but till then, I'm just happy that I eliminated my SPF step in the mornings and I can actually apply this to my forehead without worrying about my forehead looking gray!

This was purchased by yours truly at my local Nordstrom counter, $42/USD (price is also comparable to LM tinted moisturizers). 

12 comments:

  1. I love the sound of this product... I've never given tinted moisturizers a glance because my skin just needed more coverage... but now that my skin is looking better and warm weather is on it's way I'm thinking of venturing into the tinted moisturizer world... I'm going to try and get myself a sample of this first :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good one, Lucy. Check it out and let me know what you think! Yes, this will be coming along with me on Summer trips.

      Delete
  2. I've used tinted moisturizers and have recently ventured into BB Cream. Its amazing! Both products give out a natural look over the cakey foundation look. Love your blog! - xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Christie. That's mighty kind of you. I do want to investigate more into the BB cream world but color match is always my biggest battle!

      Delete
  3. You didn't have a problem finding a color match? That's good. i heard those with darker skin tone than me (sheet of paper) might have a problem, but the color you got looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I'm still super shocked myself that I found a match! Us swarthy types have to work hard to find one hahaha

      Delete
  4. I got a little sample of this over the weekend. Liking it so far! I love tinted moisturizers but since my skin isn't the greatest I always have to touch up with something with more coverage. Thanks for the review :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ms. Magpie,
      I'm glad you are liking this moisturizer. I hope the crush becomes love like it did for me!

      Delete
  5. Hi Lexi!!! AHHH, I'm so excited that you got this, and found a matching color. I can't wear this because of my chemical sunscreen allergy (can you imagine my agony? =P) but I've been looking forward to hearing about it. I'm now on the search for a new tinted moisturizer. Like MM above, I like more coverage, however I'm preferring sheer lately even if it means imperfections show through.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Dovey!!
      Sorry about your sunscreen allergy - that sucks!! Do you use it in the loose powder form? Well I guess you'd have to, right? Yeah, I've made peace with my blotches and imperfections, plus tinted moisturizer is pretty comfortable to wear!

      Delete
  6. Haha dude I was looking on the internet for reviews of this stuff and then I remembered you had one. I was originally looking at Annapurna but I'm thinking maybe I'm more of a St. Moritz.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey GURL!!
      Yeah I think Annapurna might be too dark for you, unless you've been baking in the sun all summer! This is my favorite tinted moisturizer - has never made me break out!

      Delete