Thursday, May 26, 2011

Rollergirl, Summer 2011

No, not Heather:


But from Urban Decay's latest offering for Summer 2011:



(the cute cardboard packaging really sold me)
 Comes with a mini Lip Junkie gloss in Crush - HOT pink (.12 oz)


(back)




(even the spine of the palette is cute!)
Okay so let's look at the colors:


(Cue in the OOOOH's and Aaaaaah's)
It also contains a mini deluxe (oxymoron, I know) 24/7 liner in Whiskey (.03 oz). I believe this was the same pencil included in the Half Baked palette from 2009 (?). It's pretty much Bourbon without the glitter - it's also my favorite if I had to choose between the two. I wish it was sold permanently in the 24/7 pencil line up. Woodstock - hot pink shimmer, Verve (exclusive shade) - like a pearly oyster shell, Suspect - like wet copper sand glistening in the sun (also my favorite from the palette), Darkhorse (from NAKED palette) - described as a 'bronze, plum shimmer' via Sephora site. But it seems more like a dark chocolate shimmer on my skin.


top to bottom -
Woodstock
Verve
Suspect
Darkhorse
Whiskey liner (on the side)

Bourbon vs. Whiskey:


(L to R: Bourbon, Whiskey)
Taken with flash just so you can see the glitter.
And here's a swatch of the Lip Junkie gloss, Crush (HOT pink):


I took this palette for a spin this morning:


Suspect on lid
Woodstock on outer corner (I want to play more with shade just because I want to prove to myself that it won't make me look hungover or like I'm have a bad eczema attack!)
Darkhorse on crease
Verve on browbone
Whiskey - smudge 3/4 in on both top/bottom lashline



On my cheeks - NARS Orgasm blush layered with South Beach Multiple stick
Lips: Crush Lip Junkie gloss (no liner).

For reference: NC 42/LM tinted moisturizer in Caramel/NARS Syracuse

Because these are shimmer finishes, I didn't notice any blatant fallout around my eyes - a common drawback from glitter UD shadows. I am really loving this palette. Urban Decay always delivers the look I'm going for in the summertime: sexy but with a hint of attainable edge. Does that make any sense? I feel like the Half Baked palette gave more of the edgy surfer girl vibe with it's gold/copper/teal shadow offering. Whereas, Rollergirl may be that same surfer girl at night hitting up a dive bar, live show, retro 80's night at the roller rink or just getting into trouble in general.

You know the kind of girl, I use to be 5 years ago! Except the surfing part.

Retail price:
$32/USD
Online, Sephora, Ulta


6 comments:

  1. ooooh verve is so up my alley. This palette is perfect on you - I don't think woodstock makes you look hungover at all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey thanks, Procrastinator. Have you checked it out, yet? Aside from the cute packaging - I think this is a great Summer palette offering at a great price. You get an eyeliner and a mini gloss. This is definitely coming with me on my LA vacation in July!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, I'm not sure where heather is from, but I agree, not so good. I love how they've thrown in a nice cool silver into the set!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that's Heather Graham in Boogie Nights as Rollergirl. Yes, it's a palette that is worth checking out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't! It's been too painful going into Sephora during PXP =P I'm barely letting myself browse their website haha! I've never been to LA - sounds exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well technically, Anaheim, CA - we are taking a family trip to Disneyland for our daughter's birthday. She already told all her teachers about her trip. It's not till July and she's been talking about it since March!

    ReplyDelete