Friday, July 20, 2012

In Current Rotation....

I realized I have not contributed a monthly love post, partly...well largely due to sheer laziness. So I will try to kick my procrastination ways and share what I am using regularly at this moment.

I am not just feeling lazy in writing but also getting ready in the morning. I already forgo washing my hair daily  -  I can go without for about 2 (3 if I haven't done any hard core workouts) and I am paring down my makeup by focusing either on a brighter than usual lip for summer or a strong lined eye instead of my usual carefully four shadow blended look. A strong lined eye can be done with just one or two shadows.

These are the shadows I will use when just focusing on liner:


I now have six and I do realize that I could have just purchased a kaleidoscope palette. It was a big pill to swallow purchasing my first two since one shadow will run you $30. I know it's a lot but it's a pretty big pan. At 3.8 g, it's about twice the size of one MAC shadow, which is only 1.5g at $15.

The two shades shown are the popular cool taupe, Corinthian and Spicy, a brownish bronze with a gold shimmer. I love the silky feel and it goes on so smoothly. On top of a primer, this shadow will last me a full eight hours and this is even on days when I run during my lunch hour.

I am always late to discovering favorites of my fellow bloggers. But better late than never, right?

Le Metier de Beaute is available at Neiman Marcus, (selected) Nordstrom and Bergdorf Goodman in NYC.

4 comments:

  1. These shades are really cool, my go to colors are grey and purple.

    You have a really cool blog here. Do you want to follow each other, I would love that.
    Tereza
    http://drastic-plastic-fantastic-plastic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tereza, I'm cruising around in your blog and I'm liking what I see. I love the rustic space post. My husband is an architect and wood worker so that kind of space is right up our alley!

      Delete
  2. Hi Lexi--- ahhh you're amassing quite the collection of LMDB. Both Spicy and Corinthian look absolutely gorgeous *gazes longingly* :)

    BTW, have you picked up anything from Nordstrom Anniversary?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dovey,
      I think I'm stopping for now. Yeah, we'll see! I did buy one thing, a pair of Vince Camuto booties. I wasn't too wowed by the NARS blush palette but if my usual NARS SA can find one for me, I'll probably buy it. Did you buy anything?

      Delete