Monday, January 28, 2013

David Kirsch's 48 Hour Super Charged Cleanse or GIVE ME A CHEESEBURGER BEFORE I STAB YOU!

Cleanses are a big trend in the fitness world. Especially, when certain actresses reveal that this is their shortcut to weight loss. These gods and goddesses get paid to look a certain way so that's motivation enough to work their way through this torture. For us mere mortals, a five day or even a two day cleanse is a real struggle.

David Kirsch, celebrity fitness trainer known for bringing Heidi Klum from post baby weight back into Victoria Secrets runway fighting shape in less than six months. Then again I'm pretty sure Ms. Heidi didn't gain more than twenty pounds on her pregnancy. Mr. Kirsch has since launched a wellness lifestyle program: books to shape your booty, protein shake mixes, vitamin boosting powders and of course CLEANSES.

You have a choice in how many days you'd like to cleanse: five, seven and for newbies like me - two days.

So this is what I am allowed to consume for the next 48 hrs:


Wait that's not all - I can drink as much herbal (non-caffeinated) tea and water! If I was willing to shell out even more money, David says you can also drink his vitamin mineral Super Juice, Super Charged Greens or Thermal Bubbles - these are all powders you drink mixed with water. 

So what's in it?


It's a pink lemonade drink you mix with water. It contains lemon juice concentrate, cranberry extract, pure grade B maple syrup, milk thistle seed extract, acai fruit extract, cayenne pepper. You have to drink this 4x every 4 hours.

Other ingredients include: purified water, natural flavor, citric acid, xanthan gum, potassium sorbate, sodium benzoate and stevia leaf extract.

Acai, Cranberry, Milk Thistle cleanses the colon, liver and kidneys.

There's 4g of fiber that will help flush your system and support healthy digestion

100 mcg of Chromium Picolinate to help curb cravings while keeping your metabolism burning.

1000 mcg of Vitamin B-12 keeps you energized and focused.

Okay all that said, here's my thoughts on Day 1

I make the drink at 8 am and sip slowly (as directed) and by 8:48 am I wanted to tap out. I had revamped my diet beforehand to try to make this process easier. It is not easy and I was either drinking a protein shake or bar for breakfast with fruit.

Honestly, it doesn't taste that bad. It tastes like a diet lemonade beverage and that says a lot since I hate all diet beverages. You can faintly smell the cayenne pepper but don't worry - it's mostly a citrus taste than a spicy one.

Oh did I mention that along without not being able to eat anything, you cannot drink anything caffeinated! I cannot stress how hard this is for me. I had a caffeine withdrawal headache by 9 am. The vitamin B-12 did help get me to harness my anxiety and focus on my work. I did struggle staying awake after 2 pm and yes, my workday was that much longer. Good thing I didn't have any afternoon meetings to attend.

I did workout with my trainer and luckily it wasn't too strenuous. I actually felt pretty good afterwards and my energy and spirit was up. Unfortunately, that feeling didn't last too long. I was looking forward to lunch - drink serving #2.

When I got home, I was ready to lock myself in my room just so I wouldn't be tempted by the dinner my husband and daughter were eating. Luckily for me, he cooked for her and she ate at the table far from where I was sitting on the couch. I couldn't watch anything Cooking Channel related and I sure as hell couldn't watch Tony Bourdain's The Layover show - he was in New Orleans tonight. Good thing I changed the channel - it would have been pure torture for me.

I am just finishing my last drink for the day and I am so looking forward to completing this cleanse. Day 1 was a bitch and I have a feeling I'll be just as stabby if not more by the end of Day 2.

Stay tuned....

interested? Click here for more info.

No comments:

Post a Comment