Monday, April 2, 2012

March Favorites

I know, I'm late but this is not news to anyone. I got caught up with the Season 2 premier of Game of Thrones. Anyone else obsessed with this show?

Just me? Well I'm just pleased that this come along to distract me from waiting for The Walking Dead to start up again. Mad Men? Yes, of course I love Mad Men but I'm so far behind that I'm trying to catch up to the current season so unfortunately, I'll probably miss this season but by the time I'm caught up I can catch reruns on demand.

Okay, so now you know why this post on what I was loving in March is tardy.

Here we go:

From bottom left corner -
Chanel Soft Touch Eye Shadow single - Safari, taupe shimmer
MAC Cremeblush - Florida (bright fuchsia pink)
NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer (reviewed here).
Chanel Jalousie Glossimer (bright fuchsia pink)
NARS Pure Matte Lipstick (raspberry, reddish pink)
MAC Cremeblush - Optimistic Orange (true orange)

As you can tell, I am craving bright summer colors and not a whole lot of makeup.

The creme blushes were a score for me from my local Company Store. These were featured in the MAC/Lilly Pulitzer collection - MAC in Lillyland back in January 2010. It was re-released for the Spring in the Shop MAC, Cook MAC collection. These are fun and I'm glad I was able to find it at a discount. I do love fun packaging but I love saving money more!


Optimistic Orange (left)
Florida (right)

Fun colors, right?

Here's a look I did using both Safari shadow and Jalousie gloss:

I apologize that you cannot see the shadow to clearly but I do like that it's not too plummy on me. Taupes tend to lean on the plum side with my skin tone. As far as the gloss goes - it's lovely and like with all Glossimers, it lasts for a good three hours. And it leaves a wonderful stain. I didn't find it settling into my lip lines - bonus!

You probably noticed that my hair is darker- I recently went back to my natural color and I am so happy that I did! I've had light brown/blonde J.Lo highlights for over a year. My hair was starting to show wear and tear - it was time to just give my locks a break. My hair looks healthier, I'm using less eye makeup and I can confidently wear bright colors on my lips again.

Here's a little compare and contrast with Valparaiso (NARS Pure Matte Lipstick):



And with dark hair:


I just felt that the lighter hair required more makeup just so I wouldn't look washed out. The dark hair tends to allow me to walk out with just berry cheeks/lips.

Also, I'll just be happy to save money on highlight maintenance - it gets ridiculously pricey!

I would like to announce my project for April:


I really didn't want to share this photo but I need to come clean. I'm currently addicted to purchasing fragrance decants and samples. The recent bottles of Frederic Malle and L'Artisan (bottom left corner) are current finds from ebay. EVIL.

I need to work my way through my stash and stop purchasing and going in on splits. That would mean I would have to stop reading my favorite fragrance blogs and quit associating with my fragrance buddies on Facebook.

I can't give that up - they would all kill me!

What are some of your favorites? Any new goals for April?

No comments:

Post a Comment