Monday, January 9, 2012

Can You Hear Me Now??

Day 1 of my NO NUDE LIPS week challenge!

I also need to complete this before next week - I have an interview within my department for another position and screaming hot pink lips is not quite the look I'm going for!

I eased into color with this poppy pink shade:


MAC Cremesheen, Speak Louder

It's pink with a bit of red.

It's how I dip my toe into the pool of color without doing a cannonball.


Although it's not retina burning bright for the office, I still prefer to keep my eyes soft and put the focus on my lips. With a pink lip, I love a pink blush.

Eyes: MAC Woodwinked on lid/L'Oreal Smooth Latte (review coming soon) in the crease/UD Foxy on browbone/UD 24/7 Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner Smog/Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill Mascara

Blush: Chanel Joues Contraste #67 Rose Tourbillon

I forgot to mention that to keep the color from moving outside my natural lip line, I paired this with MAC Soar (mid-tone pinkish brown). This is an easy color to wear. When it fades it's not a scary, patchy stain. Also, along with the lustre finish, the cremesheen is my next favorite - it has nice slip and remains comfortable on my sensitive lips when the color sets.

I have a feeling that my lips might get progressively brighter as the week goes on...we shall see! But I think it's safe to say I'm off to a good start

MAC Cremesheen Lipstick, Speak Louder is a permanent color and retails for $14.50/USD. It's sold at fine department stores that carry the MAC line, MAC free standing stores, as well as online.


2 comments:

  1. this is such a pretty shade on you! Good luck with the rest of your challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kelly! If anything, this challenge forces me to shop my existing lipstick stash...

    ReplyDelete