Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Day 3 - Glossy, Cherry Red

Since I've been wearing colors - light and dark - I have been taking full advantage that a statement lip require much little else on your face. Therefore, I have been sleeping in. Sometimes I lose count how many times I smack the snooze option on my cell phone.

I knew I wanted to wear a cherry, glossy red lip so I pulled out a new lip liner I recently purchased:

NYX Lipliner Pencil, #804 Cabaret, a lovely soft burgundy red. It goes on very smoothly and evenly. I just wished it was a longer pencil and longer wearing. Then again, for $3.99 you get what you pay for.

Here it is all by itself:


The gloss I knew this would pair well with - Chanel Rouge Allure Extrait de Gloss, Fatale (blue cherry red with soft shimmer):


I originally reviewed Fatale here.

I very pleased with this pairing - it's very playful and flirty.

Perfect to keep my spirits light at a very busy, stressful day at work. I'm also trying to prep for my BIG interviews next week so this helps keep me smiling at my desk!

NYX Lipliner Pencil - $3.99 (purchased at Ulta)
Chanel Rouge Allure Extrait de Gloss - $32 (purchased at Nordstrom Stonestown Galleria, SF)

Okay I did my three safe colors first - the last two days will be a challenge. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment