Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Smog



Apparently, the marketing group at Urban Decay has a different concept of what smog looks like.


vs.



Image courteousy of U.S. EPA

Hmm...I'll have to rethink my argument.

Urban Decay's smog color is definitely a sexier version of what I recall from spending summers in Southern California with my relatives as a little girl. UD's Smog is a deep brown with a golden shimmer and irridescent sparkle, a very sensual looking bronze and one of my all time favorite UD eye shadows so you know I was super excited to find this shade as a liquid liner.

Lately, I've been eye lining obsessed and as a fan of the UD 24/7 collection, you know I couldn't wait to get my hands on a bottle of this stuff. Especially since I got over my fear of liquid liners. Okay so this may not be the first time I've used one but I usually favor pencils. Liquid sometimes accentuates any dry flaky parts of my eye - making any eczema outbreaks in this area look that much worse. Also, I'll forget I'm wearing it and rub my eye. It's usually not a pretty look after I realize I just ruined a perfectly black lined eye.

As you can see - no irritated looking eye here:


Other products used:
MAC Espresso e/s with #266 brush - eye brow
TFSI primer
NARS Biarritz - lid to browbone
NARS Cyprus - lid to crease only
Chanel Inimitable Noir Mascara

The brush tip is pretty flexible and since I like a more firm, felt tip I was a bit worried. Would I be able to have any control of this brush?



I have been using this for the past week and I now feel pretty confident using this but if you are a pro with type of liquid liner than this will be a cake walk. Just do remember to shake the bottle well before using. This is an easy color to wear. It's subtle, therefore low maintenance. I love this shade best with nothing more than MAC Indianwood Paint Pot on my lids and lots of layers of black mascara.

Other colors used:
NARS - Larger than Life Lip Gloss - Place Vendome
Chanel Joues Contraste - Rose Tourbillon (cheeks)
It is long wearing after it sets (takes about 55 seconds) and it will stay put. Glad to report that it doesn't irritate my eyes and I've been having bad bouts of allergies lately. It took some gentle rubbing with my Neutrogena oil-free eye makeup remover to get it all off. And once the color lifts, it flakes off.

Final assessment: I am thinking about which color to try next.

You can find this at Sephora, participating Macy's and online/$18 USD.


5 comments:

  1. ohhh girl you look so pretty! love your FOTD! :) the UD smog is like a sparkly iridescent bronzey gold color i loves it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the smog color - one of the sexiest from UD and looks lovely on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies and can I tell you that you are both to blame for reviving my luxury goods obsession!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This liner is gorgeous! It almost looks slightly cool against your skin. I really want to examine these in store. I fell in love with the Gunmetal liner swatch on temptalia when they first came out. However, I was a little wary of the waterproof concept. I tried MUFE aqua eyes once, and I disliked the peeling particles due to creasing. However, I suppose that liner probably won't have the same problems.

    I love your LOTD. Place Vendome and Rose Tourbillon really brighten up your face!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw thanks so much Dovey!! I want to check out the gunmetal liner as well but I'm afraid it would be too COOL on my skin. I'm almost certain that nothing is waterproof - with enough eye rubbing it will migrate or disappear altogether.

    ReplyDelete