Friday, September 9, 2011

Moon Fleet

Remember when I posted a sneak preview of my mini NARS haul last week? Well here's one of the mysterious items uncovered from the box. If you are familiar with NARS box sizes and one of my obsessions, then you already know it's a LIP GLOSS!

(MOON FLEET)
Moon Fleet is a pretty much a sheer gloss with loads and LOADS of finely milled gold and silver glitter.


See how sheer it is? You can barely see it on my arm. Well you could if I took this picture in bright, outdoor lighting.

Here's how it compares to NARS Greek Holiday and Urban Decay's XXX Shine in Baked:

(with flash)

Greek Holiday - sheer pink with gold glitter
Moon Fleet - sheer gold with gold and silver shimmer (easier to see when compared to other glosses)
Baked - bronze, deep sheer gold with lots of gold glitter and minty feel and scent.

The one thing in common these glosses have is the glitter shift. I just thought it was glittery shadows that would leave glitter fallout on your cheekbones. I find that the glitter from glosses like this wind up and settle either above my lip line or on my chin when the color fades. This is annoying and not very attractive, in my opinion. However, this will not stop me from purchasing sheer glittery glosses like this.

Would I wear it alone - no. Like I said it's very sheer and it doesn't show up very well on my brown pigmented lips. It also can accentuate any dry spots on my lips. I like layering this on top of my NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Bahama, a brownish-pink. I also am curious to see what this looks like paired with my collection of reds and orange lipsticks. I layered this on top of NARS Ophelia gloss, light strawberry pink. I liked the results - the pink gave the sheer gold some depth.

My final assessment - I will be pulling out all my lipsticks and lip pencils because I'm not ready to throw in the towel just yet.

Moon Fleet is part of the NARS permanent collection. I bought this online but it is also available at Sephora (and Sephora JC Penny's) and all fine department stores that carry the NARS line
$24/USD/.28oz


4 comments:

  1. This is really pretty.. I agree that I wouldn't wear it alone, but it would make a great layering gloss, like Greek holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dovey - I really need to broaden my gloss horizons.

    Is it possible that I'm starting to feel a bit burned out on NARS? I use to get like this w/MAC all the time, I just didn't expect this to happen with NARS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sparkly Nars gloss is gorgeous! It will look good as a topper on lipstick :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by Ms. Rainy Days. I am loving that name by the way then again I never need a reason to load up on the lattes!

    ReplyDelete