Sunday, July 10, 2011

A Brief Look at Chanel Fall 2011 nail polishes - Graphite, Peridot, Quartz nail polish

I admit I went nuts over Chanel Vamp polish back in 1994. Then I proclaimed the beautiful brown beige Brown Sugar as my all time favorite neutral polish. But along the way, I discovered other polish brands for much, much less. I stopped keeping up with Chanel polishes. For me, this is a good thing. I wouldn't be able to eat, much less pay rent if I tried to hoard as many Chanel polishes on the market (lip glosses, different story). However, I have caved a few times, with last Fall's Paradoxal (grey/violet) and Spring 2011 Black Pearl (blackened teal with blue, green, teal micro shimmer). I recently peeped the latest offering that I'm sure will make the seasoned Chanel fan foam at the mouth.

 Illusions d'Ombres de Chanel
(NC 42 skin tone)
L to R:
Quartz, Peridot and Graphite

Since these polishes are named after minerals the color mimics that. 


Quartz resembles more of a smoky quartz. I applied two coats and you can still see some of my nail bed - I would probably lay 3 layers if I bought this polish.

Next up Peridot - a mineral that ranges between yellow and olive green.


This looks more like a dark yellow gold and this is only one coat. Maybe I should have done two to see if the green comes out. I kind of like the way it looks with just one coat.

And lastly the anticipated, Graphite:


After two coats I see some gold particles in this. I have seen this polish previewed in some magazines last month and I thought this was going to be the polish to lift my Chanel polish ban. Don't get me wrong, this is a fantastic color but because of my past experience I can honestly walk away from this. The shadows and palette however, that's a different story altogether.

If I did have to choose my favorite it would be Graphite and Quartz reminds me of the dark neutrals currently in my stash so I immediately gravitated to that shade. Unfortunately, I wasn't feeling Peridot as much as I wanted to.


2 comments:

  1. I remember Vamp and Brown Sugar :) Wish I would have thought to keep them for old time's sake, but back then I had way less nail polish and used things up and tossed them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. quartz looks lovely! but i like peridot too, you should try it with two coats, it looks awesome!
    hugs,
    Nelly
    www.massacredmascara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete