Thursday, February 3, 2011

Easy on the Eyes....Thursday, 2/3

This is the color scheme I turn to when I'm pressed for time...a variation on golds, taupe, champagne and anything in between. Because careful and precise blending is the last thing I want to do when I'm running late, I usually rely on 2 brushes and my finger to apply my eyeshadow.


Products used:
Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow/Liner - Birthday Suit (metallic antique gold) - Lid
Burberry Eyeshadow - Rosewood (light icy taupe) - Crease
MAC Eyeshadow - Arena - brow bone highlight (golden peach)
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide Pencil - Underground (metallic taupe)
MAC - Haute and Naughty mascara - Black (and lots of it)




I think I love the Benefit creaseless cream shadows over my MAC Paint Pots because I get more pigment from the first swipe. I really don't know why I only own two of these! Sometimes you have to build up a color intensity when using the Paint Pots and usually it doesn't look so pretty if you have too many layers on your lid. I also like to use my finger and just glide this on my lid. Also, I am always reaching for this UD eyeliner for my water lines. White eyeliner pencils don't really work for my NC 42 skin tone and luckily my little sister introduced this color to me. This is what she uses to line her water lines and I have been doing that ever since - well when I can remember to do so.

I think it took longer to find these colors in my stash than it did to apply it. It's really an easy look and my favorite neutral themed eye. It goes well with dark lips as it does with a glossy nude. If I'm doing the glossy nude lip with this eye look then I'll go a bit colorful with the blush just so I don't look washed out.




I am also using the jumbo sized Wonder Woman MSF in Golden Lariat (Review coming soon!!) and MAC Temper Tantra Kissable Lipcolour (my favorite new MAC product by far). 



This mug also helps put a smile on my sleepy face in the mornings. 

2 comments:

  1. You look beautiful and what a nice simple and EASY go to look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! I knew you would approve of a look involving TAUPE!

    ReplyDelete