Thursday, February 24, 2011

No, I didn't wear a Raspberry Beret...


Truth be told, that is my least favorite Prince song. Sorry, if I offended anyone.

So I am paying the price for singing at the top of my lungs and dancing in my seat like a lunatic. But it was so well worth it.

How does one dress for a Prince concert? I wanted to look cute but I didn't want to wear anything cliched - purple, frilly and lots of lace. Come to think of it - that would also work at a Stevie Nicks concert if I was lucky enough to score tickets to her show. I decided to go with a dress I bought at H&M and a really cool, silver, bib like necklace my good friend, Chris designed. It is called the Flint necklace.


A quick note on Chris Habana - he's a NY based designer that has graced the pages of Complex, Nylon and Spin magazines. His WORK hat has recently been featured on one of the Season 3 contestants of RuPaul's Drag Race. I went to high school with Chris here in the Bay Area and couldn't be more proud of him.


This necklace was his birthday gift to me. Please check out his site:

Okay back to the Prince concert look I accomplished in 15mns.


My final makeup results:


Eyes: NARS Eurydice duo, Melusine Duo, MAC Designer Purple eyeliner, Dior Extase Mascara - Black

Cheeks: Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hr blush, MAC Golden Lariat MSF, NARS Laguna Bronzer

Lips: MAC Soar lip pencil/Lickable lipstick (cremesheen)

His show was everying I could hope for. He sang all the old hits I wanted to hear live - Controversy, Let's Go Crazy, Kiss, If I Was Your Girlfriend (my personal favorite).

(Can you guess what song he sang at this moment?)
He did 3 encores and we just wanted the night to go on. Honestly, it was trip back to my youth. It was one of the best date nights I had with my husband. Our dinner in Barcelona is still the number one date night.

I can now scratch him off my "Must-See LIVE" list. Up next:
Janet Jackson.

I guess I should look into those tickets before I miss that opportunity again - she comes to SF in April, 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment