Sunday, February 27, 2011

LOOK in a BOX

Yes, I was singing the SNL short D*ck in a Box as I was writing that. It makes me giggle - sorry fart jokes still make me giggle. I am just that dorky!

Okay moving on...
Once upon a time, I took a Fashion Show Production class where I had to help stage and then walk in a fashion show. This was the one and only time I ever fulfilled my short-lived modeling dreams. I am pretty sure that will be the last time I ever walk down a runway. I didn't even get to walk down an aisle for my wedding - I got married at SF City Hall. But if I ever were lucky enough to score front row tickets to NY or Paris Fashion Week I have this:


NARS beauty set
One of Three exclusive sets at Sephora
Front Row edition
Retail - $59/USD

Just look what $59 gets you:

A full sized eye shadow duo - Nouveau Monde:

Silver lilac and olive green - a unlikely duo that works beautifully together!


A full sized felt tip eyeliner, Eyeliner Stylo - Nuites Blanches (black) and a full sized gloss in iconic Orgasm (warm pink w/golden shimmer). Also, included is a travel sized Multiple in Palm Springs (light golden beige). It also comes with a "how-to" tips card.


L to R:
Orgasm gloss
Palm Springs multiple
Eyeliner Stylo - Nuites Blanches
Nouveau Monde duo


You do the math:
Eyeshadow duo - $33
Lip gloss - $24
Eyeliner Stylo - $27
and a delux sample you would receive in a gift that you would normally have to spend anywhere from $75-100 just to get.

I still can't believe that you get ALL THIS STUFF for just $59! That's like a QVC type of deal but better because I didn't have to pay for shipping or handling. This is one of the best deals I have come across in a very long, long time!

Natural Light

And with Flash:

I used the UD 24/7 Shadow Pencil in Sin (champagne) as my brow highlighter

I used MAC's Whirl lip liner with Orgasm gloss on top.

And here I am very pleased with my purchase:


Side note - I used NARS Gilda blush with Laguna bronzer to contour. I applied the Palm Springs multiple as a highlight. It is pretty light if you are my shade NC42 or deeper. It's also nice on the lips with Orgasm gloss on top of it - this is how it's recommened on the enclosed look tips card.

Out of the three sets, I find this one to give me the most bang for my buck. Trust me, with rent, bills and a daughter with a growing doll need this is everything I could hope for in a beauty set!

No comments:

Post a Comment