Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Loving Laura Pt. 2, Electric Boogaloo

Sorry, I can never resist making an 80's break dancing movie reference when appropriate.

So next up at bat is Laura Mercier's Lip Glace (lip gloss). I bought this about 3 yrs ago in the shade Bellini (peach-coral) but because my hormones were trying to normalize after my pregnancy, this gloss made my lips itch and irritated. I am happy to report that my lips now welcome these glosses!

The shade I chose, Ambre Rose is described as a bronze, red-quartz. I love it because it's a lovely bronze shade that makes me think of Summer at the beach when I don't want a whole lot of makeup on my face.


Swatch on my NC 42 arm - sorry, for the dark lighting.


On my lips, in the bathroom lighting, it looks a bit red.

And in the sunlight, after 40mns of commuting. The color has started to set and you will see that it almost looks like I don't have anything on my lips. But it does give me that 'My Lips But Better' look. It has a nice amount of pigment when you first apply, but not as pigmented as a Dolce and Gabbana gloss, per se. This also is an indication that if you can get a solid hour of wear time out of this gloss, consider yourself lucky!

Not very long wear time, but I am just happy it doesn't irritate my lips. It also has a very strong candy like smell - think caramel/hazelnut/vanilla. It actually reminds me of a caramel latte. If that bothers you - stay away. On the lips, it feels a little thicker than a NARS (except the sticky sheers) but thinner than a MAC Lipglass. The shimmer is nice and not overwhelming. It also has the doe foot applicator and that's a plus for me.

My final assessment - I would probably pick up one more shade but I am not really running out to buy the entire collection. Not exactly a Fail for me. It is nice and I like the sweet scent but I still prefer NARS, Chanel and D&G glosses over these.

Retail price - $22/0.159 oz

For your viewing pleasure:
And yes I did see this in the theater (and it's predecessor, Breakin' the year before).

No comments:

Post a Comment