Monday, April 4, 2011

My One Pan Wonder

You know how you have those special cooking pans/pots that does it all and you just love to use almost on a regular basis - cast iron skillet, dutch oven, wok...if you are the designated chef of your home you know what I'm talking about. Don't cook? Keep reading.

Well I feel the same about this one particular MAC permanent shadow that I always turn to when I'm pressed for time or I have no energy to blend a myriad of four shadows on my lid. This one pan of color does it all for me from lid to browbone.

Arena:


(middle pan)
According to the MAC site it is a satin finish that's a soft gold peach with pearl. And this is the swatch on the site:

It's darker on the site but you know better than to assume this is what you get in person.

Here it is on my NC 42 arm:

You can barely see it but it is a lovely peachy wash.

(Arena all over lid - browbone/NARS Eyliner Stylo - Nuits Blanches/Dior Extase Mascara)
If I had to choose a "My Lid But Better" shade this definitely would be it. I usually use this as a browbone highlight especially when I'm doing shimmers or bright colors on my lid/crease. It calms things down and keeps me from looking too crazy for the office.

This shadow is extremely important when I'm trying to channel this modern day vixen:

It's a very clean and sexy looking eye. If you can exude Angelina-like sensuality all hours of the day it helps.

My final assessment - this needs to be added to your collection of "go-to" neutral shadows.

What's your One Pan Wonder?


MAC Arena Eyeshadow - Permanent collection
Retail - $14.50/.05oz and for Pro Palette refill - $11 - USD

No comments:

Post a Comment