Thursday, May 5, 2011

How I Try to Recreate a Day at the Hair Salon.

Okay please be patient with me since this is my first hair product review. I just want to quickly share my new favorite hair product that helps give me that fabulous feeling fresh from the salon.

Hailing from Stockholm, Sweden, please say hello to SACHAJUAN.




Created by two hairdressers in Stockholm - Sacha Mitic and Juan Rosenlind in 2003 out of their SACHAJUAN Salon (founded in 1997). The packaging is very simple however, the word gel is pretty misleading. When you see the word gel, I'm pretty sure it conjures these memories:


or



( I actually miss Madge like this)
This gel is more like a styling lotion - the complete opposite of sticky. The last straightening lotion I have used was Fekkai's Coiff Controle Ironless Straightening Balm. Actually, I don't hate on the Fekkai Balm but I really feel a difference in my hair when I use the SACHAJUAN gel. What makes this gel special is it's based on Ocean Silk Technology - contains Himanthalia Elongata Extract (brown algae) that promotes thickening and Eneteromorpha Compressa Extract (green algae), this extract promotes moisturizing and can also be found in certain La Mer moisturizers. It has a fresh outdoorsy scent that I think is from Limonene (a synthetic chemical compounded from the rinds of lemons and oranges), Linalool (a natural terepene alcohol chemical found in many flowers and spice plants) and Hexyl Cinnamal (a derivative from chamomile oil).  love it and it's not overwhelming.

I do attempt to do a proper blowout - I even bought butterfly clips to section my hair off. I still don't use them - yes, I can be pretty lazy with my hair. I do one pump (I have long hair), come through and just do a quick pre-dry with my my fingers using the nozzle attachment on my Babyliss blowdryer. Then I just take my hair - piece by piece and dry on a low speed wrapping around a round barrel brush. My go-to hair products use to be Bumble + bumble but the last time I have used their Bb. gel my hair felt dry and like straw. Not cute. However, I am still a fan of their Brilliantine cream.

Ingredients:





I really do like the results I get with this gel. I'm thinking of picking up the shampoo and conditioner at my next salon appointment.

Retail:
$27 USD/3.3oz

Aside from their International site, I also found this site based in Brooklyn.
I bought this from the salon I have been visiting here in SF, Salon Miel.


Images:
L'Oreal Studio Line - Jezebel.com
Madonna - lilac-frost.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment