Friday, May 20, 2011

TGIF...5.20.2011

Hey folks,
I had the day all planned out perfectly - a review of my two FAVORITE MAC liners - Cream O'Spice cremestick and Whirl lip pencil. But as I was rushing out of my house I forgot not just my cell phone (source of picture downloads) but also my makeup bag. I might as well just go home now, right?

So this is my excuse for picking up "emergency" staples and it was the perfect opportunity to go to my local Cosmetic Company Store - yes, I am lucky to have one in the building across from me - 5 MINUTES away from me.

DO YOU KNOW HOW DANGEROUS THIS IS?? If you are not familiar with the store it is an outlet store for cosmetic/hair brands owned by the Estee Lauder group - MAC, Bobbi Brown, Bumble&bumble, Tom Ford scents. They are not outrageously low prices but I am not hating on buying a cremesheen gloss for $4.50 less!

I walked out with a Bobbi Brown Copper Diamond lip balm ($13.50) and BB Black Plum eye pencil ($14.50). I like the fine glitter of the lip balm and the light scent. Like most lip balms, this one lasts under two hours or through one coffee/tea before having to reapply. I touched up my perfectly MAC Feline smudged eyes with the Black Plum on the waterline - not a good idea. It didn't line it smoothly and the color isn't as dark as I thought.

They also had this:

(Peony & Python Palette)
Originally $50 - it was there for $35. Yes, temptation is a bitch!
But that's not what I'm really excited about. Just as I was checking out, I noticed that they just got a new shipment in - TOM FORD PRIVATE BLEND LIP COLOR COLLECTION!!
(Oh yes, YOU will be mine!)

The manager and I were just gushing over it. She said that the testers should go out on the floor next week. I am soooo there! I was just thrilled

The regular retail price is $45 but at the CCO it's $31.50 - yes, still pricey but is 50 cents less than a Chanel Rouge Coco Shine. You can bet your ass I'll be back - even if it's just for one shade. I've been dying to try this but I was just too lazy to get myself to Saks or Neiman Marcus.

I can easily kill an hour here when I only wanted to stop in for a quick 10mn "coffee break" so be careful. I have picked up some great MAC e/s finds (as well as my Bumble hair staples): Style Snob, Smoke and Diamonds, Stars and Rockets, just to name a few. Also my all time favorite MAC blush - Gingerly came from here. I did see quite a bit from last Spring (ombre blushes - no Ripe Peach!) and Summer. If you do happen to stumble upon this store do go in - you may be surprised with what you find and walk out with.

2 comments:

  1. Oymygosh! I wish I could find smoke and diamonds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dovey,
    Yeah I felt like I struck gold when I saw it on the shelf!

    ReplyDelete