Thursday, May 19, 2011

Undercurrent eyes

I have a love/hate relationship with MAC Limited Edition items - especially their Mineralize Skinfinish Powders. But that's not what I'll be featuring today. I have a good collection of MAC limited edition eyeliners and I pulled out a lovely that I haven't used in a while.

(This is just part of my eyeliner collection)


L to R:
Undercurrent - teal/green with gold glitter
Float on By - icy aqua, blue shimmer
Designer Purple - bright, violet w/purple glitter
Sense of Style - darkened navy that almost looks charcoal
Molasses - dark chocolate brown with glitter
Fly By Blu - black with blue glitter
Feline - flat, coal black

So today's eye look involved Undercurrent.


This is a great way to wear a pop of color to the office. Also, one of my favorite summer eye looks.

The rest of my eye:
Indianwood Pigment Pot - lid
Woodwinked e/s on lid
Soba e/s - crease
Bare Study Pigment Pot - browbone
Teddy - eye kohl - top lashline
Undercurrent - smudged on lower lashline - this great staying power. I didn't have to touch this one up during the day.
**Do not use on waterline, this has big chunks of glitter that can scratch your eyes - also has some fallout around the eye area**

I think this is when I kept an open mind to color liners. I was just a black and dark brown pencil kind of gal but then I fell in love with the MAC color selection. Unfortunately, the really great colors and certain formulas (pearl glide, kohl power) are limited editions. So if you do come across an amazing shade, do pick it up! I am actually kicking myself for not picking up an extra Feline pencil. It may not have the staying power of the technakohl liner but it just looks so sexy smudged.

I have since started collecting other great colored liners from different brands - UD, Chanel, D&G but I find myself always coming back to MAC for interesting and fun colors!

Retail price for Eye Pencils:
$14.50/USD

3 comments:

  1. I love this look! I'm going to try it to work next week <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jen, I know it's going to look smashing on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. woodwinked is amazing! and i am loving the pop of color! definitely gonna try this soon!

    ReplyDelete