Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Special Delivery!

So finally my NARS purchases arrived - the rest of the items I bought from that NARS Mega Event a week and a half ago - my EFA Night Infusion serum, Taj Mahal blush, and Mousson cream eyeshadow. Surprisingly, I'll be taking a break from NARS (very brief of course) to talk about the second package I found greeting me at the front door!



Yes, it was wrapped up nicely when I first opened the box but I tore that package in 5 seconds like Christmas morning!

Say hello to Insouciant and Bruised.


Insouciant is part of the recent Spring 2011 collection and Bruised was near extinction until legions of fans voted to bring it back, therefore it is part of the B.I.B. lineup. I am sure these colors are limited as well so if you missed picking up Bruised in the past now is your chance!

Insouciant:

Cool, dusty grayish lilac with multi-color shimmer. I see most of the light blue shimmer in the light.

Bruised:


The perfect brown based reddish, plum. I know I can wear this on my toes in the Spring and as well as the last months of Fall right before it turns into Winter. If only the bruises I get from my banging my legs on sharp table edges looked this lovely.

Here are two swatches on tape placed on my NC42 arm. I cannot wait to get a mani-pedi. I may even put Insouciant on my nails and Bruised on my toes!!

I had to wait a little over a month for this package. Normally, RBL has a great turnaround time - expect your order within 3-5 days after receiving a notice from their store that your order has been shipped. But since they were waiting for the batches of their B.I.B. colors to be completed, I had to wait to receive Insouciant until then.

Luckily, I have bad relationships to thank for strengthening my patience skills.

I know my husband probably begs to differ!

Nail polishes bought by me online.
$18/bottle

If you are in NYC then you know where to go but if you are visiting for the first time - peep the details here. I met Ji once - when I visited the lounge. I didn't have time for a pedicure but she did show me last Fall's collection, "Real Housewives of Tudor"

I was a stuttering idiot because I wanted to say so much to her without looking like a fool but I'm sure I failed. I am happy that she was nice to me, regardless.

2 comments:

  1. I really want Bruised! I put it and a few others in my online shopping cart but then didn't place the order, but I think I may go back & get this one before it's gone again! Looks like a perfect plum :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Makeup Magpie,
    Yeah I tried ordering this during the annual 50% sale and I failed. It must have been the first color to sell out.

    Yes, get it now because I'm pretty sure it'll sell out again!

    ReplyDelete