Monday, March 28, 2011

Happy Monday - NEW SHOES...YAY!!!

Like any living, breathing woman I have shoe fantasies - okay maybe not EVERY woman shares this affliction but for those of us that didn't need Sex and the City to know who MANOLO is understands what I am talking about..

I don't have $600 just lying around but if I did I would own these by now:

Brian Atwood Maniac Pumps in Nude - retail price $580.

But I come close fulfilling this fantasy shoe - meet the new pump in my life:



Vince Camuto Milesy 2 Peep Toe Pump in Caramel - not necessarily a true nude but it is a hue that matches my natural skin tone quite nicely!

Retail - $98 USD

I took advantage of the last 30%  Gap, Inc. Friends and Family Sale and lucky for me I found this on Piperlime (Gap's online shoe/apparel shop). So with tax (free shipping!!) I only paid a little over $75.

I know this isn't an exact replica of the Brian Atwood pump but it is inspired by that. I have been searching for a great nude pump under $100 and I am pleased that I found it.



It is a 5 inch high heel with a hidden 1 1/2 platform. I haven't tested these out on the pavement because I still need to stretch them out. It's a bit narrow on my right foot but that's just because it's a bit wider than my left foot. I plan to wear these with pencil skirts, wide leg trousers and I think they would be cute with flared jeans. Like my favorite nude gloss, I love this pump - it's very practical color that would go with just about everything. Because the platform is so high it actually helps you walk easier.

This is the highest heel I have ever owned and I use to be scared of this extra height because not only am I clumsy but I was scared that this was bordering on pole dancer. But when I saw these in person, I quickly changed my mind.

I am just waiting for this damn SF rain to go away so I can start wearing these babies around the office but I'm pretty sure you all know that I would be carrying a pair of flats with me - it's a long commute from the train station to my building and I'm not 23yrs old anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment