Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Have to Believe We Are MAGIC...

I am sorry but I cannot resist an opportunity where I can reference ANYTHING Xanadu!
(I think Olivia Newton John was my very first girl crush in 1979)


Okay so back to the gloss I wanted to share with you guys - Dolce and Gabbana Ultra Shine Lipgloss, Magic.



This is actually darker in the tube than it is on my skin.


(NC 42 or LM Tinted Moisurizer - Caramel for reference)

This looks like a reddish, wine with a golden sheen and very fine gold and pink shimmer. I can see myself easily wearing this about 85% for the office. I can't give up my nude pinks entirely - that's just crazy talk!

I'd say the consistency is very comfortable - not as sticky as MAC's Lipglass or some of the NARS glosses I own. Okay, why is my NARS Easy Lover gloss super sticky whereas my Orgasm gloss is thin? Just me? Figures! I would even say it's a touch lighter than a Chanel Glossimer. It has good amount of slip but you also feel it staying on your lips - I don't have to worry about the color migrating when I don't use a lip liner. Also, I think you all know how I feel about the pigment and long wear - this is my favorite. I can easily get a good 3-1/2 hours of wear time maybe longer if I didn't drink so much water and coffee. The only reason why I don't own the entire range is the same reason why I only own four Chanel Glossimers - the price! This is why I own so many NARS glosses.

D&G gloss - 0.13oz $29 vs. Chanel Glossimer - 0.19oz $27...wow, that said maybe I need to spend more time with my Glossimers! Honestly though I do love the pigment pay off more with the Dolce and Gabbana glosses, I just wish they weren't so expensive.


I apologize - this photo does not do the gloss any justice. So why bother? I love that a color that looks dark in a tube gives me a MLBB (my lips but better) pout.

Dolce and Gabbana Cosmetics is available at Saks Fifth Avenue - stores and online. As well as the Dolce and Gabbana site.


No comments:

Post a Comment