Thursday, March 10, 2011

A Summer State of Mind

Are you like me - just ready to wave bye-bye to the cold winter? Okay I admit that here in NorCal cold for us is in upper 30's/low 40's. We didn't' have any snow storms but we did have the wind chill that brought us somewhat close to snow fall - of course we all laughed here in the Bay Area when our local weather people were so excited of the possibility of snow here in our neck of the woods. Yeah needless to say, I didn't need to pull out my daughter's snowgear to go sledding.

Not only do I get excited for dress season (without tights) but I also get happy for brighter reds and corals. I am also craving to wear a lip color I never thought I would embrace - ORANGE! I'm not that brave to pull an orange by itself so I am opting to wear in the form of an orange red or in a form of a gloss:

L to R:
Revlon ColorBurst gloss - Papaya
Covergirl Lip Perfection - Hot
NYX Round Lipstick - Eros

NC42 arm swatch:

L to R:
Covergirl Hot - True Blue-Red
NYX Eros - Orange Red
Revlon gloss - Papaya - Orange/Peach

Because I knew this was going to be purely seasonal, I decided to go the bargain route with these colors. Also, I decided to buy from retailers that I knew I would have no problems returning for a refund just in case these destroyed my lips. So far the only one I am worried about - the Covergirl lipstick. I tried it on my lips for roughly four hours and the color maintained nicely but it left my lips raw after I took it off.

The plus side is that it really stains the lips with color. Even with my tried and true Almay makeup remover, it took some serious scrubbing to get it off.  I'll need to do a full day at the office with this one to give a more accurate review.

Even though it's sunny outside our office windows the chilly air lets you know that it's not time to pack up those sweaters and dark reds/plum lipsticks just yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment