Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A Late Entry - Gris Scintillant....

I know this liner came out late December but because of my makeup ban in January I had to hold off purchasing it due to my "No-Makeup Buy" challenge. So once I returned to the Chanel counter late February not only was I welcomed back with open arms by the counter manager - she's also becoming a great friend to me. I left with a sample of the new Vitalumiere Aqua foundation and this eyeliner:

Just seeing that name sends little baby chills up and down my spinal cord.

Say Hello to Gris Scintillant.



A mini lineup. This also makes me realize that I only have 3 gray eyeliners and 1 cream shadow/liner. Maybe I should build up this collection?



L to R:
Chanel Gris Scintillant - dark gray with lots of silver and teal shimmer, therefore, leans almost blue on my eyes.
Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow/Liner - Skinny Jeans (taupey gray)
MAC Phone Number - Dark Charcoal - no shimmer
MUFE Aqua Eyes 22L - Silver Gray

I like the softness of this color - I paired it with the Benefit Skinny Jeans cream shadow and Burberry Rosewood shadow as a crease. It was a very quick and easy gray smoky eye that wasn't harsh to wear to the office. When I feel a black lined smoky eye is a bit harsh for Springtime lightness or I'm bored with brown pencils, this shade will do the trick. I also like that this almost looks blue on me vs. the MUFE #22L I own which looks very silver on my eyes.

can you see the bit of shimmer well below my lashline?

What I didn't like - because of the all the shimmer of this liner it seemed to have some fall out when I took my pencil brush to smudge. So if you want a clean line without maintenance you may think again about picking this up. Also the color is sheer so you have to work up the intensity, which may be fine for control freaks but if you want instant gratification from your eyeliner this may not be for you - don't even get me started with the price either. This is probably the main reason why I don't own every Chanel eyeliner so I really have to obsess over a shade for quite a bit of time before making that final committment.

My final assessment - a necessary indulgence.

Retail - $29/USD
I purchased mine at my local Nordstrom counter.



No comments:

Post a Comment