Wednesday, March 9, 2011

NARS: Laguna Illuminator

And so I'm back to review the other NARS Illuminator sample I had made for me at Sephora. I was hoping this will really fast forward me into Summer when I am so excited and giddy that the temperature is actually in the mid-70's. Believe me, that's huge for us here in San Francisco!!


Laguna Illuminator
Compared to the Bronzing Powder which has been described as Brown w/Golden Shimmer this appears more of a copper-brown and yes, lots of gold shimmer. But when I did apply it on my cheekbones the shimmer wasn't so apparent and actually I felt that it didn't show up on my face at all. 


This is a pretty heavy swatch - this is half the amount I applied on my face.

Here's how it compares to Laguna bronzing powder and the other one I own - Irresistiblement (matte  golden, terracotta)


L to R:
Irresistiblement
Laguna (BP)
Laguna (Illuminator)

You would think it would show up more on me but maybe this is best for complexions lighter than NC42 or maybe I just need to play more with this. I did attempt to do some color layering - I tried this on top of my coral MAC CCB in Virgin Isle and still nothing!

Sadly, I liked this swatched on my arm more than my face. I guess I'll just stick to the Laguna Bronzing Powder.

Oh well I guess I'll just be returning for the Copacabana Illuminator - it don't bother me none. I just saved $29!

Currently at Sephora and ONLINE.
Retail price $29/USD

No comments:

Post a Comment