Monday, March 14, 2011

Happy Monday with a Booze Review

Hey there,
Did you remember to set your clock ahead an hour (my U.S. peeps)? I am so happy that I didn't have to set all of my clocks ahead. I didn't even bother to set it back an hour back in the Fall - glad to see that my laziness paid off! What I hate is training my body to fully recover just by losing that one hour of sleep. I should warn my bosses today about my extra crankiness. Poor Mr. Lex he had to deal with a cranky Mommy and an even crankier baby.

I'm feeling better now so let's talk about a new cocktail I had last Saturday:

At Farmer Brown's - a fancy Soul Food inspired restaurant.

The MiLK Punch - I'm thinking it's a reference to the late Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.? And if so I don't know if I'd dedicate this drink in his honor. I was a little underwhelmed by it.

Of course, it's a bourbon cocktail. So here's the description: bourbon muddled with orange, Vanilla simple (I'm guessing a simple sugar syrup infused with vanilla) and heavy cream. I may be missing an ingredient, I can't remember. I think it had some shaved cinnamon or even nutmeg on top?

I am guessing this is a Bourbon version of the classic White Russian - Coffee liquer, vodka and cream. This fell a little flat for me - I think the cream just got in the way for me because it wasn't as sweet as I thought. Also, I didn't get any orange flavor. So I immediately ordered a Bulliet (bourbon) and Ginger Ale immediately afterward.

As far as dinner goes - I ordered the Dirty Rice. It was very tasty with just the right amount of spice. You can't go wrong with rice, sausage, mussels and prawns. And for dessert, my girl friends and I split the banana bread pudding and the pecan pie with black pepper whipped cream. Black Pepper? YES and it was awesome! My mouth is watering right now just thinking about it.

Especially since I decided to cut my caloric intake dramatically in attempt to shed some pound in the next 8wks!

No comments:

Post a Comment