Thursday, November 18, 2010

Day 4 - NARS revisited

You another great thing about this challenge? Revisiting products I haven't used in ages. I'm sure my husband will be proud that I'm recycling! So I dug up a NARS red in my stash - Afghan Red. I find it to be the color of a deep red wine...burgandy...merlot? Another good lesson for me is to build up my color vocabulary...okay keeping with the topic. I am a fan of the NARS satin finish lipsticks. I get good wear time with them - about 3 hours before I feel the need to reapply. But if it's one of those days where you're drinking coffee every two hours you may need to reapply sooner. I use Kiehl's lip balm (coconut scented) underneath, blot excess then I line my lips. I layer my lipstick on top. Blot to create my stain and then apply another light layer on top of that. I know there's the general complaint of the lack of smell or plastic like smell but honestly it doesn't bother me. What matters is that there's a good amount of slip and it doesn't make my lips raw and itchy the next day. NARS satin finish is a win for me!













I'm not a fan of matte or frost finishes so I can't comment on the NARS matte and frost finish lipsticks. Matte is to drying and frosts can highlight the flakiness of my lips if they are peeling that day....NOT CUTE!


I wanted to do a variation of the smoky eye for work so I pulled out my NARS Modern Love palette. It was an exclusive NARS for Nordstrom palette bought about 2yrs ago?





















Jezebel - shimmering red-brown/copper (lid)
India Song - shimmering walnut (according to NARS site in the crease and bottom lashline)
Alhambra - shimmering champagne (highlight under brow)
Dolce & Gabbana - #10 dark brown espresso liner - top lash line and 3/4 bottom lash line
**other products used - Two Faced Shadow Insurance primer
MAC Haute and Naughy mascara - black**





Keeping with the NARS theme:
Irresistiblement bronzer - golden terracotta - used lightly as a blush

Lips:
MAC Half Red lip liner
NARS Afghan Red - satin finish/garnet.

Finished face:












2 comments:

  1. I love Nars too! I have an eye palette similar to yours that I got about two years ago as well. It's the Night Series Palette and I use it almost everyday. You look beautiful!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! Yes, the palettes are great to have. I love having options - I just need to dig through my makeup case more often. There are lots of hidden gems at the bottom.

    ReplyDelete