Sunday, November 14, 2010

Shoe of the Day - the Boot edition...

The end of Summer I get especially giddy shopping for shoes because it's officially BOOT SEASON. The department stores start to put out their lovely collection of boots for the upcoming cold weather. However, living in the Bay Area, CA the weather can go from 70 to 60 degrees in a matter of hours so we tend to wear our boots year round. I do make it a point to buy one new pair of boots for the Fall season. It's a good buy for me since I know I'll have plenty of use for them. Since I already own classic knee and over the knee heeled boots I wanted to try out a new trend - the Spat. The spat originated in the late 19th century. A stiff fabric that would attach to a man's shoe and extended to the top of his lower leg. This was a look of a wealthy young men at the time - a dandy, perhaps? This was to prevent the walking boot from getting muddy. But now it's a trend for women's boots. I like them because I'm nostalgic and this boot gives makes me look like I'm wearing leg warmers with my boots.


These are by Naught Monkey and they retail for $99. It has a 3' wedge heel which makes it easy to walk in. They are a bit roomy so either go down half a size or wear thick socks. They are also suede so I recommend you treat them with a suede protectant spray for at least a day before wearing them in misty/light rain weather (if you must) I have been obsessing over these boots since the first time I saw them on Piperlime back in September. At first I was going to be safe and order them in black until I saw them in TAUPE!!! Time passed and I figure if it was meant to be I'd find them on sale on the Piperlime site. Well the gods were with me when I found them in Nordstrom last month in Taupe and I had a giftcard to use! Taupe not only makes a fabulous eye shadow it's also an awesome alternative to black or brown.These are great with dark indigo denim, black denim and leggings. I have also paired this with a sweater dress and black tights. I find it challenging to wear to work so I tend to wear these on the weekends. The price also makes this boot a very special find!

No comments:

Post a Comment