Friday, November 12, 2010

Don't you hate it when....

You're actually ready on time...maybe 3 minutes early. Your daughter is all set to go and she's not as fussy as she normally is. You had time to pack your breakfast and you have leftover lunch waiting for you in the office refridgerator. Then it happens....your daughter's dayschool teacher shows up five minutes late, you miss your commute train just by 2 minutes and you realize that leftover lunch waiting to be reheated will barely leave you satiated for an hour. But the worse is about to happen. Just as you as you are ready to reapply that gloss after your second cup of coffee....YOU LEFT YOUR COSMETIC POUCH AT HOME!!!! Oh the HORROR. You are not worried about your eye makeup because you know your eye primer has special powers that will get you through the work day but your lips? You can't handle long wearing lipstick...to dry and it accenuates how bad your lips are peeling. You need moisture reapplied every 2-3 hours. Enter Neutrogena Moistureshine lipstick in Plum Paradise.

As you know, I have super sensitve lips and I prefer to buy department store brands just so I can try on a lipstick or a gloss just to see how my lips react to the formula. Also, with my skin color I like to see how the color will look on me before purchasing.Buying a closed packaged lipstick is like buying a "one size fits all" without trying it on - very risky. I think I got lucky with this lipstick. It's very moisturizing, a lovely shade of plum, it has a light fruity scent and it contains 20 SPF. I also like the transparent lipstick case it's like a drugstore version of a Shu Uemura case. It provided enough color for me that I didn't need a lipliner and I can apply it without a mirror.


The best thing about this lipstick - it was on sale for $5.49 at Walgreens. The bad part - I think it's being discontinued because I couldn't find it online.


I guess the silver lining of this small tragedy is that this forces me to pay attention and give drugstore brands a fighting chance. There's room next to my D&G, Burberry and Chanel lipsticks. Plus,it'll make my husband happier that I'm trying out inexpensive brands!

1 comment:

  1. OMG why am I just reading this now...doesn't matter, they are probably no longer in stores!

    ReplyDelete