Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Shoe of the Day

You know with the right pair of shoes - you can dress up just about any type of pants for work. Harem pants however, let me know what dresses that up. Even when they were in fashion in the late 80's/early 90's they perplexed me. Okay I'm going off tangent and trust me it's not a very hard thing to do!








Okay in an attempt to start dressing a bit more professional I found these shoes lurking in my closet. They are by BCBGirls - lace up oxford bootie with what looks like 4' heel and a hidden 1/2' platform - so 4 1/2 inches. Now in my early 20's I worked in retail and I had to dress in suits and heels. I ran around the city in 3' and highter and stood on my feet on unforgiving hardwood or linoleum for 8 hours or more. That said - my feet look like hell. I will never post a picture of fabulous pedicured feet. My right foot is a podiatrist's dream - mine will probably recommend bunion surgery next year. Luckily my left foot is somewhat good. Okay so you are probably going to ask me if I'm crazy to still be wearing shoes like these. Yes and no - yes, did you see how cute these shoes are? No because this is what I really commute to the office in:

4 comments:

  1. I feel you, Lex. I've got plantar fasciitis in my left foot and though it looks okay it feels like hell. I can do cute heels every once in a while but I will pay the price for it. I do admire a beautiful shoe, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those shoes are mad sexy. If I didn't spend my days kicking it in Tsinelas and Jordans I would actually indulge in some sexy oxfords.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Audrey! Getting old sucks...

    Christina, if I didn't spend money on makeup I could actually afford a pair of Louboutins!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl, why are you not calling me when you see find cute shoes!? Believe it or not, I've been adding more flats to my arsenal. Although I can walk around in a good pair of stilettos for hours, I do worry about its ramifications on my feet. I do love those sexy oxfords you've got.

    ReplyDelete