Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Multi-tasking - Day 2 of the Red Lip Challenge and Shoe of the Day

In a fantasy world, I would open my closet, throw on a dress, pin my hair back, apply a fabulous lipstick and look like this:

Christina Hendricks as Joan Holloway in AMC's Mad Men
But I would be a brown version of Ms. Holloway and I'd look like I was trying way too hard. So my 2010 version of this look involves a cap sleeved gray leopard print top tucked into a belted pencil skirt these shoes:
pump by Bruno Magli













along with thick black, gel eyeliner and red lipstick of course!



















Aside from using my Chanel Teinte Innocence Compact in Walnut-Pecan and Benefit's Boiing Concealer in #3 it was a MAC themed day. For my eyes, I used a palette I created myself at a MAC boutique (you can also customize a 4 pan palette at your local MAC counter). Another option is to depot your existing MAC shadows and pop them into a palette. There are a wealth of how-to videos on Youtube so I suggest you search for them there - it's where I learned how to do this among many other things haha.
















From left to right (on my arm - NC42):
Orb (highlight under brow)
All Races  L.E.(lid)
Coquette (crease)
Showstopper (outer V definition)

The end result was a pretty matte eye (almost shimmer free) which is what I was going for to keep the focus on my lips.













Eyeliner - Fluidline - Blacktrack with the Sonia Kashuk bent eye liner brush (it works wonders) and my morning cup of coffee. I can't apply makeup without it! Mascara - Haute and Naughty - Black. As for blush I went with a coral pink (frost finish):

 Hipness (L.E. - Fafi collection)







and of course Red lip of the day - took a more light coral, red approach


Half Red lip pencil - soft burgundy
Viva Glam Cyndi - light coral red
Double Dare Cremesheen gloss - coral red

As you know, my lips have a love/hate relationship with MAC so I'll have to comment tomorrow on the aftermath this left on my lips. I will say the Viva Glam Cyndi lipstick is a very high lustre finish (lots of slip and moisturizing on my lips). The cremesheen gloss is also thinner (non-sticky) in comparison to the Lipglass gloss, which I cannot wear because it is way too thick for my comfort level. I will say I'm very curious what this would look like if I went with a more traditional red pencil like Redd, Cherry or even Beet instead of Half Red (it's what I had in my stash).

I'll be working on Joan Holloway strut this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment