Monday, November 22, 2010

Melusine duo

I am still trying to work out the kinks in applying the matte purple shade of this duo. Don't get me wrong, I love this duo but why is it that I feel a slight tug and uneven application of this shade on the first try? Even on top of a primer I noticed that there's a spot on my lid that you can tell needs to be blended out with a fluffy brush. Once that finally gets diffused I can relax and go on about making up the rest of my face. I will say that I like this purple over the Daphne single that was released earlier this fall. The purple in the Mesuline duo has red in it whereas Daphne leaned more on the blue-purple side. I didn't even buy it just based on poor reviews.






















There isn't any glitter, thankfully, so it I didn't notice any fall-out spills underneath my eyes or temples. I mention this for those of you familiar with the Hula Hula palette. Lovely colors but man, does it leave you looking like a pixie doing a walk of shame if you don't clean up after applying!

Here's a simply eye I did this morning. I am loving purple shadows right now. I'm thinking of incorporating a taupe with this duo sometime this week.





L to R:
Dark Lilac, Pale Lavendar shade - Dior Night Butterfly palette, Melusine Duo, shimmery black from DIOR Night Butterfly palette


















Eyes:
Dark purple - Mesuline Duo - lid
Silver Lilac shimmer - Mesuline Duo - crease
Dark Lilac of Dior quad, Night Butterfly - crease
Light Lavendar of Night Butterfly quad - highlight

So for the rest of my eyes:
MAC Fluidline - Blacktrack
MAC Haute and Naughty Mascara Black

Face:
NARS Barcelona - Sheer Glow foundation
EB Bronzer - Daydream
MAC - Prim and Proper Blush



Lips:
(Aw back to a softer lip color:)
NARS - Damage - sheer muted Grape (lipstick)
NARS - Oasis - rose pink with gold shimmer


(L to R: Damage, Oasis)

Final result:


















A review of a past NARS makeover event will be coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment