Friday, January 14, 2011

A Delightful Little Treat....



Some of the best things come in small packages - a signature wrapped Tiffany's box, Hostess Mini-Donuts package, Snooki (I like that she's choosing to not rock the Pouf - it gives her range). So I was delighted to pull this little goodie out of my makeup bag. Another bonus of my No-Buy challenge - finding hidden treasures in one of many makeup pouches cluttering my bathroom cabinet.

(Actual size compared to a full sized Rouge Allure lipstick)



This is a deluxe sample sized Chanel Rouge Allure lipstick in Attitude #10. I received this at a Chanel event - late Fall after spending over $100, naturally. I am taking advantage of the late Winter months to continue my love of dark lips. It looks dark in the tube but swatched on my arm is a different story.


(NC 42 skin)

This shade is more on the warm, brown red side - which makes it a safe color choice for work when I want something more than just a nude gloss.

I have a love/hate relationship with the Rouge Allure formula. Sometimes it'll be very moisturizing but mostly it just ends up drying my lips. I have to be sure to have my lip balm on stand-by when wearing this formula. If I don't drink a whole lot of coffee of water while wearing I will get about two hours of wear time - which isn't very good. Then again it's probably because of the extra slip I get from the added lip balm.

Oh well, at least it is a pretty color and it was FREE!


No comments:

Post a Comment