Friday, January 21, 2011

Happy Friday!!

We made it through yet another challenging work week. I don't know about you guys but I am ready for a cocktail and I've got another 2 1/2 hours more to go  (I'm on Pacific time).

I have yet to go outside for a little break. I'm one of those sad people that eats lunch at her desk while working, unless I sneak out and go to the gym instead.

What's getting me through the day?

Shoe of the day picture from our guest model:
Gabriela is wearing her boot cut denim from Gap Kids, striped Frog hoodie from Gymboree and black suede ankle boots I found at Target. If I were only this stylish at 2 1/2 yrs old! I'm surprised she didn't wear her tutu again to school.

Speaking of tutus, this is the only way I could remotely look like an ex-ballerina. The bun hairstyle. I remember taking an adult ballet class at a community college - it didn't go very well. I was literally prancing around like a bull in a china shop. I lasted just a week and transferred into a class that was perfect for me - Self-Defense for Women. I was discovered in that class by a Wrestling coach that was trying to form a Women's team - he was impressed with the way I threw people. But that's a whole other story!

Okay back to my hair of the day.



Lately, I have noticed lots of Hollywood actresses sporting this 'do, even before the movie Black Swan came out.


Hilary Duff
(celebsalon.sheknows.com)



SJP
(celebsalon.sheknows.com)

Nicole Kidman
(celebsalon.sheknows.com)

My personal favorite is SJP's just because it's bit rumpled but not too messy. I like the idea of Nicole's neat bun but I think it would be too severe on my head. Hilary's is a little too 'I just rolled out of my dorm bed and ran to Experimental Psych class' messy for me. I have seen other pictures of Hilary's high bun hairstyle that looks much better.

Here's a side view:


Co-workers were commenting how nice and fancy I look today. Apparently, I walk around like a slob with lipstick on. HA!

Hope you all have a fun and exciting weekend.



No comments:

Post a Comment