Thursday, January 6, 2011

Unflappable...

Not to sound like a MAC HATER (I have another MAC fail tomorrow - Cham-Pale paint pots) so today's post is dedicated to my love for the new Mega Metal shadow in Unflappable.


(sorry I didn't have time to take a solo picture of Unflappable - 1st on the left)

I didn't have a whole lot of time to compare it to the other MAC finishes I own but I will say that the Mega Metals are not as frosty as a Star Flash. It's soft to the touch and blends like a dream - a lot easier than most of the Satins/Veluxe Pearl finishes I own. So why do I only own one color?

This is the only one that really called out to me. It's a dark brown based plum. You know how Smut is a dark gray/brown but has some red tones to it? This is almost like that but with more of a plum cast. That probably sounds convoluted but I wasn't sure how else to describe it.

(yes, this picture again - see how the lighting make Unflappable gray on my arm)



I used it as an outer V corner accent. To bring out the plum tones I applied Style Snob (a taupe that's just a touch lighter than Satin Taupe) on the lid. And I am happy to report that they play well together. I added NARS Nepal (rose-gold shimmer) as a crease and Later pigment (mixed with water based mixing medium) as an eyeliner.



Here's another look:


And of course: my mug shot:
I went with NARS lipstick in Damage
Blush - After Sunset - Edward Bess compact rouge for lips and cheeks.

I'll come back later this evening with a side by side comparison between Unflappable and Smut.





No comments:

Post a Comment