Monday, January 17, 2011

Does anyone ever like Mondays?

(Gabi expresses exactly how I feel on Mondays!)


Yup, the company I work for does not elect to celebrate Martin Luther King Day as a Holiday so I'm here at work - SADLY. I have no motivation to get through my morning projects.

Also, what was up with the ladies at the Globes last night? I felt that there were just a handful of looks I liked - Angelina's green Atelier Versace number, Natalie's pink Viktor and Rolf gown (sans huge red rose) and I LOVE Annette Bening's glasses.
But take a look at the pics on E online:
http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/fashion/index.html

Best part: Natalie's acceptance speech - I loved her loud, dorky laugh. It reminded me of her character (my favorite) in the movie Beautiful Girls.

I'm very bummed that Emma Stone hasn't dyed her hair back to red because I thought she was Lindsay Lohan at first before realizing it was her.



Okay enough Hollywood chatter. Here's what I got into over the weekend:

The Dewar's Scotch tasting was a bust - Mr. Lex was too sick to go. But wait, wouldn't Scotch be a good thing for scratchy throats? Apparently not - at least he made up for it with sushi for dinner.

My sister and I played GLAM SQUAD for our 15yr old cousin. I did her makeup my sister, Tatiana did hair and I think we did a pretty damn good job!



I did a mildly smoky eye consisting of golds and purple. I suck at applying false lashes (even on myself) so my sister had the daunting task of applying these on her. She did a great job!

And then I wrapped up my Sunday at the playground with Gabi.
This picture says it all.

Oh and I did end up buying this:


(Gris Montaigne)
I know I'm weak but technically it's not makeup. And if we are categorizing nail polish as makeup then I already failed for buying a new basecoat last weekend.





Photo of Emma Stone: Zap2it.com

7 comments:

  1. Oooooooooooh New Dior N/P!
    Sounds like a great weekend none the less.
    I'm at work too. Stupid work always interfering with our fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I think after I procure the two other Dior polishes from that City Gris collection I'm going to slow down on the expensive polishes. I am busting at the seams with nail polishes.

    How was your weekend?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cousin looks great here, you've done an amazing job on her makeup and I love her hair also.

    I can't believe she's only 15! She looks at least 20 here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I was trying to keep her age appropriate. She was attending her friend's cotillion, 18th Birthday party and she had to make some type of speech. I kept in mind that she was going to be in a lot of pictures so I hope I didn't overdo her face.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The gold and purple make such a good colour combination. Wonderful job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Emily!
    That's my mother's and my middle name, too.

    ReplyDelete