Monday, January 24, 2011

The home stretch...


Here I am swinging with my daughter, Gabi. Mr. Lex was kind enough to take a break from his weekend work and football watching to hang out with us at our neighborhood playground. This was the highlight of the day. I didn't do a whole lot this weekend and it was perfect. It got me thinking about the progress I made during my "No Makeup" plan this month.

I can really go a full month without buying makeup - any price point. If I miss out on a limited edition the world will not stop - there's a reason why Ebay exists. Also, MAC is notorious for bringing lusted L.E. items back reintroduced in other collections. It helps that I have a Company Store near my office - I have found many a sought after MAC product here for about $5-9 less (Petticoat MSF, Style Snob, Smoke & Diamonds e/s and pigments in their old sized containers).

When I did my cousin's makeup last weekend for a her friend's Debut ball, it made me really go through and take  inventory of my exisiting collection. In a situation like this I would probably buy new products as an excuse to try new items. I'm sure my husband got scared when he saw my makeup collection spread out on our dining room table - truthfully, it wasn't even my entire collection.

This is my last week of my self-imposed ban - I am hoping I don't take what I have learned about myself and my spending habits out the window on Feb. 1st.

I have added items to my "wish list", mostly Spring items, from D&G, NARS, Rescue Beauty Lounge, Armani and Burberry. My first test, I was invited to the MAC/Wonder Woman event at the SF Pro-Store on Feb 1st. Luckily, I only have two items on my radar but in a cosmetic frenzy I can be easily swayed.

I am hoping all my new habits will not be thrown out the window - like the time I lost a bunch of weight while on the Weight Watchers program only to rekindled my love affair with Dorritos, soda and cookies again.

No comments:

Post a Comment