Tuesday, January 25, 2011

If I ever had the chance to name an eyeliner.

UD 24/7 eye pencil - BOURBON!!! The UD 24/7 glide on eye pencil celebration continues.



Urban Decay beats me again! This is my favorite 'go-to' eyeliner when I really don't want to put a lot of thought on my eyes or I want some definition without competing with a red or dark colored lips.


It's a medium brown with fine gold glitter. Depending on the light and how intense I have lined my eyes it can pull a bit bronze or even amber on me. Remember everyone is different.
And yes, when I drink bourbon I do always see finely milled glitter in my glass!

When swatched on my arm it looks dark because I layer it on pretty thick but on my eyes it goes on lighter. It's a combination of having super dark brown eyes and being a NC 42 (just keep that in mind if you are lighter than I am).

Also used:
MAC All That Glitters e/s - lid
MAC Texture e/s - crease
MAC Orb e/s - brow bone
(TFSI primer)

Next to UD's 24/7 pencil in Underground (metallic taupe) this has permanent residency in my makeup pouch. You can also use it smudge all over your lid to deepen your eye shadows. Sometimes I just smudge this along my bottom lash line and wear with Benefit's Creaseless cream Shadow/Liner in Birthday suit on my lid and call it a day.

A very LAZY day! Seriously though, this is a gift from above when I really don't want to wear any eye makeup but I know I should when I want to look put together.

Also, I love it for the name alone.

I know this sounds wrong but a Maker's Mark is sounding good - it's noon over in the East Coast right now, isn't it?

Retail price: $17.00/1.2g e 0.04 US oz
(They are very soft so take caution when sharpening)
Available online or at any department store carrying the Urban Decay line.



On an unrelated note:

One of my favorite reality shows is back for it's Third Season:


"Start your engines...."

Seriously though my favorite part of Drag Race is watching all the Drag Queens get ready. I am so amazed how they transform themselves with cosmetics alone. I would just love to sit and watch each one of them put their makeup on. I learn a lot from Drag Queens - the many uses of Duct tape, the term 'cooking' and from the first season, Rebecca Glasscock "If your feet start to hurt walk faster!" - when she was teaching a butch woman how to be feminine while walking in stiletto heels! Also, one of the lady boys at the MAC counter taught me how to apply crease colors beautifully.

My biggest fear is having RuPaul tell me I have to LIP SYNC for my life and don't F*CK it up!! I'm currently working on my Drag Name - I'm thinking either Caramel Latte or Brandy MuleKicker...

No comments:

Post a Comment