Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Amethyst - Dolce & Gabbana Ultra Lip Shine


(Amethyst on NC 42 skin)



In keeping with the theme of dark pigmented glosses for Winter, I am sharing my surprise find: Dolce & Gabbana's gloss in Amethyst. Why am I surprised? Because I was a hater at first...yes, I will admit it. I love Dolce & Gabbana clothing, shoes, accessories but cosmetics? Was it necessary? I held out for a long time. I read and saw lovely pictures of their products but I stood my grown. This is pretty much the same way I felt when I discovered the new Burberry line (that's a whole other story). I guess the real person I have to blame for my new found D&G cosmetic obsession is the lovely Karen. She is just a few shades lighter than me and I love how she does her makeup - she basically rocks. Okay I'm done being a geeky fan-girl.

It didn't hurt that I took advantage of the last Saks Friends and Family sale when I purchased my gloss!

Anyhoo, on to the star of today's post. Amethyst is a lovely deep blackberry color with very finely milled glitter. No lip liner required for me but if you do have migration issues I'd go with a nude on the lip line only. You won't want to take anything away from this pigment. I'd have to say for a lipgloss this is the most pigmented one I own - it's almost like a liquid lipstick. I'm thinking of aquiring more. Like it's designer competition, it's a pricey item ($29). Since it does not make my lips freak out it is well worth the cost. It goes on smoothly - no grit from the glitter. It's not as thick as MAC Lipglass - it's really comfortable on the lips (not sticky at all). The only concern you may have is the first intial floral scent when first applied. The scent does fade rather quickly.

Here I am enjoying my fancy lipgloss:





Just for kicks here's what the gloss looks like as a stain - two hours of wear and many sips of morning coffee later:



(It's definitely a "MLBB" - my lips but better look)

Purchased at Saks Fifth Avenue, SF










No comments:

Post a Comment