Monday, December 6, 2010

Downtown

Just in case you are still on fence about red lipstick this Holiday season take a look at two glosses I recently scored. Chanel #129 Cosmos Glossimer and NARS Downtown. I will take this moment to give you my thoughts on Downtown.



(Sorry - I hope to be getting that digital camera soon!)


(L to R: Cosmos, Downtown on NC42 forearm)
 

According to the NARS site Downtown is described as a metallic pink lavendar. But if feels more like a metallic grape on me. As you know, I've been in a red and pink mood this Holiday but it wasn't till a recent NARS event that I became smitten with this dark gloss! In the light I can see the pink and finely milled silver sparkles. But I find this to be darker than a lavendar. I could be wrong. I do know that I love this gloss. NARS has always been one of my favorite brand for glosses. They aren't as thick and gloppy as a MAC Lipglass but they are pretty pigmented - maybe a step below D&G's glosses. Also, I know that sum users do not like the plastic-like scent or lack thereof. I personally don't mind. This gloss has always been good to my lips so I've been a fan for a long time.

Here it is on my bare lips:













and here it is layered on top of NARS Damage (Sheer) lipstick:














I know it's pretty subtle but I like that the color is a bit deeper but it won't compete with a light smoky grey eye.


And for even more depth and coverage - I paired it with MAC Plum lipliner beneath the lipstick and gloss. The picture didn't come out as well as I hoped but I will tell you that it gave me a deep plum pout with a metallic sheen to it. I liked it but for my individual taste I would skip the liner or use a nude liner instead.


Product lineup:



(L to R: Downtown gloss, Damage Lipstick, MAC Plum liner)




This is an easy gloss for me to wear. I like that I can apply it without the aid of a compact mirror. I see myself using this on the weekends with a light neutral eye. I wouldn't wear this without any eye makeup - I think it would wash me out.


I recently purchased this at Nordstrom, SF. It's also at major department stores carrying the NARS line. I also spotted this at Sephora.
















No comments:

Post a Comment