Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Isn't it ROMANTIC?



(L to R: Romantic Rouge Allure, Wild Rose Glossimer)
 Nothing says a romantic pink lips like Chanel and if you doubt them then turn to the Rouge Allure lipstick in Romantic. It's a lovely shade of raspberry pink without any shimmer. It glides on nicely but because it's not as moisturizing at the Rouge Coco formula, I have to layer this on top of a thin layer of my kiehl's lip balm. It gives off a good amount of pigment - I didn't reply for about 3 hours (maybe it'll last longer if you're not an avid coffee drinker, like me). I don't use a liner with this shade - I just apply straight from the tube and apply a thin layer of Chanel Glossimer in Wild Rose #119 (warm nude pink with multi-color glitter). It gives me a great pink color without calling out too much attention to myself. 



(NC 42 or Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer - Caramel)

That said, maybe I should hold off on that whole FUCHSIA lip color trend.

Sensitivity alert: Again, I must reiterate - this is not as moisturizing as the Rouge Coco formula (my own experience) so I have to wear this lipstick sparingly, sadly. I once wore this two days in a row and experienced mild peeling and itching. There is also a mild scent. The glossimer, however is fragrance free and non-sticky.


(wow, this pink makes me look semi-awake!)

If nothing else, the cap is really fun to play with!!


2 comments:

  1. very pretty. I'm always on a lookout for a good pink lippy and Rouge Allures are one of my fav formulas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jen and I LOVE that NARS Heat Wave on you. Now you got me obsessing over it!

    ReplyDelete