Thursday, December 9, 2010

A Casual Holiday Party Look/Shoe of the day included!

Since it's the Holiday season many companies are now hitting the restaurants/bars hard with little lavish soirees for their employees. My Holiday party is this afternoon - nothing too fancy just an open bar and hors d'oeuvres at hotel restaurant around the corner. It's also a 2hr event from 3-5PM so you know it's casual and the company allowed us to wear denim. That said, you can easily take the easy route and really come in CASUAL. I had to put effort into my outfit and makeup just so I didn't look overly made up or sloppy.

I was feeling a smoky gray eye so here's what I worked with:
L to R:
MAC Feline (true black) pencil
MAC Phone Number (charcoal) pencil
NARS Tzarine duo - sparkly grey side
NARS Paris duo - matte gray side
NARS Tzarine duo - champagne shimmer side

I applied Two Faced shadow primer on my lid first and then I lined my entire lid (only) with the Phone Number pencil and blended it. On top of that I applied the sparkly gray on my lid. I then applied the Champagne shade (from the Tzarine duo) to my crease and mixed the matte gray shade (from the Paris duo) with it - just to lighten it up. I took my fluffy Stila blending brush and went to town. I applied the same Champagne shade and pat underneath my brows. I blended that as well. I used the Feline pencil to tight line my top lash line. I took a pencil brush and applied the sparkly gray to my lower lash line. I lined my waterlines with the Feline pencil - I'll be doing this all day since it's pencil that doesn't last very long in that area. I then added multiple layers of MAC Haute/Naughty Mascara - Black.






and here's a final face shot:





I brought along my Dior shimmer powder in Amber Diamond - a new love of mine that took me awhile to procure. I'll add more shimmer to my face closer to the party time just so I don't look to blingey early in the day. Blush - NARS Oasis - a dusty rose with gold shimmer and I used NARS Laguna bronzer to contour.

Lips:
Lipstick: Edward Bess - Forever Yours
Deep Shine Lipgloss - EB - Nude Satin


The outfit is something I would wear out with my husband or the girls for dinner/drinks. A cute camisole top underneath a black blazer with heels. But because it's raining here in SF I went with a heeled knee boot:




(BCBGirls synthetic leather stretch boot underneath Seven jeans)

(and here's what it looks like in it's full glory)




Accessories help too:

This is my new favorite bracelet that I found at Forever 21 last weekend for just $6.80! They match a pair of leaf earrings I bought from F21 last year while in NJ for the Holidays.





I'm ready for that cocktail!!








No comments:

Post a Comment