Friday, December 17, 2010

When Great Things Let You Down....

I went to Sephora yesterday to pick up a tube of Laura Mercier oil free foundation primer - I've been using this tester long enough to warrant a purchase..no this did not disappoint. Although, I still wished it had an SPF but that's neither here nor there. Here's my disappointment. I figure I'd treat myself for Christmas. I was nowhere near Saks (I want a new D&G lipstick/gloss) so I figure I'd go one better. I bought a Guerlain G Rouge - #6/Garance. And for $46 it's a commitment.

Oh I swooned - I couldn't wait to play with the fancy packaging/heavy silver tube complete with a mirrored compact. I felt luxurious just holding it. The color was also gorgeous - just the perfect nude pink. Not too light - had enough pigment that would show up on my NC 42 skin tone but wouldn't compete with my dark gold/dark green eye shadow.






I couldn't wait to get back to the office so I could put this on. I did try this on in the store - the S.A. that assisted me was awesome and had the patience of a saint. I just couldn't wait to reapply this baby. It went on easily - had great amount of slip and nicely pigmented. I got at least 3 hours of wear time (I was drinking lots of water during the time of wear). I didn't quite like the way it faded on me - it just made my lips look blotchy and uneven. Oh well, it's okay just another excuse to reapply and use the fancy built in mirror compact. Maybe the more I reapplied it was just too much for my lips. Because by the end of the night my lips started to feel a bit raw. When I washed my face I noticed the top of my natural lip line was starting to look a bit red and it itched. I WAS SAD! I knew nothing good could come out of this. I knew what I had to do...I had to go back to Sephora and return it. So sad.

So I go to another Sephora today and make an exchange. This time I exchange it for a gift that I will give to one of my relatives for Christmas. I can't reveal what it is because she might stumble upon this post. After the exchange I still had money going back to my card. Maybe this was just a sign that it wasn't meant to be and I am supposed to buy gifts for others and not just for myself. The sales associate was cute - when she looked at it she remarked, "I don't even know how to open this!" We ooohed and aahed and I told her why I was returning it and even she was sad. We both agreed on how this is a perfect color to combine with smoky eyes.

She then asked if I wanted an associate to show me a similiar color in another brand and I explained to her that this would be the 5th nude pink I already owned. She then told me her mother is the same way...it's good to know that I'm in good company.

Oh well a $46 lipstick was not meant to be but it was nice to play with even though it was for barely 24 hours. This just means I can now save up for the upcoming Chanel Spring line!!

No comments:

Post a Comment