Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Colored eye pencil focus: Chanel

I am usually a black or dark brown liner kind of girl - I know, a bit safe and boring. I like playing it safe and also when you're pressed for time in the morning you grab what you know will always work. Lately, I have been obsessing over colored eyeliner pencils. My recent purchase was the Chanel Le Crayon Kohl Intense in Black Jade. This glides on easily and has a lot of pigment. It stays on the whole day for me and comes off easily with my Almay makeup remover. The color is exactly what it sounds like a dark forest green with a black background:
I love wearing this with a nude eye - it's subtle yet you can see it's not entirely black. I also pair this with my gold/teal eye looks.
 
 
Okay, it does look black - sorry, my Droid isn't the best camera. But you get my point!

This eyeliner retails for $27 and is carried in department stores that carries Chanel cosmetics. Yes, I know this isn't a cheap eyeliner but then again I don't own anything quite like this. Honestly, I really don't buy an eye lining pencil that is over $20 but if it's a color that I don't own or if I obsess over it for a week then I know, I have to have it and I'll be happy with my purchase. Also, with the Chanel eyeliners you get a sharpner. Except for the Stylo Yeux Waterproof liners - those are self sharpening.

If you don't own anything like this in your stash and you have no problem with treating yourself (once and a while) - go for it!

I won't tell anyone...


(I just wanted to show off the earrings my husband gave me for Xmas)



No comments:

Post a Comment