Monday, December 20, 2010

Bottle Green...

You ever just dig through your makeup stash and you come across a blush, a lipstick or shadow and just admire it in the ackage but find another color to use instead? Yup, that's been my relationship with MAC's Bottle Green e/s. It's a part of the PRO collection - matte finish and a little goes a long way! I used it with Woodwinked to create a dramatic eye without scaring anyone away while having a conversation with me. I had another Holiday party to attend after work and this time it was at my husband's work. So I wanted to look polished and it had to withstand a full day of packing my desk/belongings while attending to 3 different bosses with different demands.

Yes, I am proud to say this is a WIN!


L to R:
MAC PP Rubenesque
MAC Woodwinked
MAC Coquette
MAC PRO Bottle Green
MAC Fluidline Blacktrack

MAC Sweetjoy - used as highlighter not swatched

I loved this eyeshadow. I used it just in the outer V. Like I said, a little goes a long way so I really didn't need much more than just using this color as an accent.





Here it is along with Woodwinked (warm antique gold - lid), Coquette (muted grey-taupe - crease) Sweetjoy (frosty pale gold - highlight). I also used Rubenesque (golden peach) as a base. I used Blacktrack Fluidline (gel liner) on my top lashline and then I took a #219 brush and smudged the Bottle Green on my lower lash line.




I need to remember to use this one more often - I know, it sounds pretty sad but it's true!




Also used:
NARS Sheer Glow Foundation - Syracuse
Edward Bess Daydream bronzer
MAC - Gingerly
Dior - Shimmer powder Amber Diamond
NARS Falbala lipstick/Greek Holiday





5 comments:

  1. I LOVE this eye makeup look. This is why I buy makeup, but the way it looks on me in real life is why I wind up not wearing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thanks Sarvi! How's the little princess? When is the next time you'll be in SF?? Don't be afraid of the makeup - you can conquer it.

    Just remember - BLEND!!! 95% of the time that's all it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's an endless source of joy. What a great privilege it is to be a mother -- I'm sure you know! We're literally years overdue to visit SF -- maybe when school finishes? I will BLEND!

    ReplyDelete